Do you ever wonder if you are doing what is best for your gifted child?
Would you like to meet and talk with other parents who are raising gifted children?
PRODIGY NW Parent Support Groups are now forming on Thursday evenings, February 16 through March 9, 2017. (four sessions) Two local professionals completed the (Supporting Emotional Needs of the Gifted) training and are now certifed facilitators. For more information and to register for our sessions starting February 16, 2017, CLICK HERE! Questions, contact us at email@example.com
Objectives of Prodigy NW Model Parent Groups
- Establish an environment in which facilitators provide support and guidance, so parents of talented children can interact and learn from each other.
- Increase parents’ awareness that talented children and their families have special emotional needs.
- Develop parenting skills for nurturing the emotional development of talented children.
- Provide parents with materials to enhance understanding of:
- Characteristics of high potential children.
- Programs and opportunities for talented children.
- Relevant books and professional organizations.
- Referrals for more in-depth professional assistance.
- 5. Encourage parent involvement in and support of appropriate educational opportunities.